10 Dicembre 2019, 23:10:04

DSL-2780 TalkTalk (thread temporaneo)

Aperto da bovirus, 27 Giugno 2012, 16:11:13

Pondera

Ultimo firmware DSL-2780 TalkTalk.

Fonte TalkTalk Labs
DLink DSL2780 v2.03t Firmware
Last updated on 2013-06-05 16:29:42

TalkTalk Labs are pleased to announce [...] a new version of the D-Link DSL-2780 Router firmware. The [...] firmware delivers the below improvements:

• Auto Wireless Channel Selection by default
• Multiple TR-069 (Remote Management) improvements to help TalkTalk proactively identify faults in the home
• Fix for intermittent iChat issue
• Fix for intermittent iOS wireless issue
• Fix for wireless issues with some Android phones (HTC Desire, Sony Xperia S, Nexus 4)
• Change to show the Summary page first in the router UI
La prima cosa da leggere in questo forum | Siti globali D-Link

Siate CHIARI SINTETICI E DETTAGLIATI altrimenti non possiamo aiutarvi!!!

N.B. Purtroppo non ho il tempo di rispondere in PVT: 1) usa un motore di ricerca; 2) usa la funzione "Cerca" del forum; 3) chiedi nel forum. GRZ!!!
Questo forum non è un centro assistenza, ma una comunità.
Prima di chiedere a NOI di risolvere il problema che hai TU, chiediti come TU puoi dare una mano a TUTTI.

naton

I have this modem from UK's TalkTalk ISP and now I'm trying to use it with a different broadband provider. My username with my broadband provider is my phone number. When I try that I got a message error saying that the user name must be under the form of "username@domain". In other word it must be something like "something@TalkTalk.co.uk" or "something@someDomain.com".
Is there a way to use a username that doesn't look like an email address?

P.S.
I have already tried TalkTalk's firmware v1.12, v1.13, v2.02t and v2.03t.
Also, I tried to install Conceptronic C300BRS4A firmware. But that didn't work. After rebooting the modem, it display a white page asking me to re-install the firmware.
Also, I tried to install the firmware for the D-Link "DSL-2740R" modem but it didn't want to install. I also tried the firmware for the D-Link "DSL-2740B" and that didn't work either.

Pondera

You have to use only TalkTalk firmwares or you risk to brick your device.

Try if it works:

YourPhoneNumber@YourIspDomain.YourCountryDomain

N.B. Purtroppo non ho il tempo di rispondere in PVT: 1) usa un motore di ricerca; 2) usa la funzione "Cerca" del forum; 3) chiedi nel forum. GRZ!!!
Prima di chiedere a NOI di risolvere il problema che hai TU, chiediti come TU puoi dare una mano a TUTTI.

naton

Citazione di: Pondera il 01 Luglio 2014, 14:57:02You have to use only TalkTalk firmwares or you risk to brick your device.

Try if it works:

YourPhoneNumber@YourIspDomain.YourCountryDomain

Hi Pondera
Thanks for your reply.

My ISP uses only "YourPhoneNumber" without  "@YourIspDomain.YourCountryDomain" as the  username, like:

username: 023872934765

Is there a way to write the username without "@YourIspDomain.YourCountryDomain"?

Pondera

Why don't you try if the workaround I suggested works?

naton

Citazione di: Pondera il 03 Luglio 2014, 12:06:05Why don't you try if the workaround I suggested works?

Hi Pondera,

Sorry for the late reply. I have tried your suggestion but it doesn't work. I can't connect to my ISP is I write my username as:

Username: PhoneNumber@IspDomain.CountryDomain.

The only format accepted by my ISP is (Username = PhoneNumber) like:

UserName: 0123456789

I have bricked the modem while trying to install OpenWRT, but I recovered by re-installing the TalkTalk one.

As I said before I have also tried to install Conceptronic firmware, the DSL-2740B and DSL-2740R firmware. Is there any other firmware I can try? I don't mind damaging the modem since right now I can't use it anyways.

Or is there any other solution you can think of that forces TalkTalk firmware to access a UserName without @IspDomain.CountryName (force it to accept numbers only).

Pondera

naton

Citazione di: Pondera il 13 Luglio 2014, 16:44:06Who is your ISP?
Hi Pondera,

I'm sure you haven't heard of my ISP since it's local and outside the EU. It is called GAT.

So, is there a way to force this modem to accept a simple phone number without "@ISPDomainName.CountryDomain" as a username or not?

If these is no solution for my request I'll just through away this modem and carry on using the old one.  

Thanks and best,
Naton.

Licenza Creative Commons
Il contenuto dei messaggi del forum è distribuito con
Licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione Non commerciale 4.0
Tutti i marchi registrati citati appartengono ai legittimi proprietari