Menu principale

D-Link DIR-879 EXO Router Wireless 802.11ac 1900 Dual-Band

Aperto da Carciofone, 08 Dicembre 2016, 20:02:35

dadino70

... ecco la risposta
Grazie per averci contattato.
In riferimento al suo quesito, desideriamo informarla cha al momento la versione di ultima pubbblicazione è la 1.06b01.

Stefano45

Sono dei geni...non sapevo che ci fosse la 1.06B1 :D 
In parole povere non sanno nulla. Tocchera' tenere d'occhio il forum internazionale per vedere se qualcuno provera' a installarlo.

m4ss1

Aggiornato primo messaggio: inserito nuovo firmware DIR-879 Ax 1.06b01-07 20180104

m4ss1

@Stefano45  se aggiorni con il 3.0.1 non puoi più ritornare alla 1.0x
L'interfaccia web del 3.0.1 è in inglese.

Erik222

Buongiorno sono nuovo del forum avrei bisogno di fare una domanda ma non so come funziona.

Stefano45

Citazione di: m4ss1 il 11 Marzo 2018, 11:45:29@Stefano45  se aggiorni con il 3.0.1 non puoi più ritornare alla 1.0x
L'interfaccia web del 3.0.1 è in inglese.

Lo so'. Per questo non mi azzardo a farlo. Troppo rischioso. Se non dovesse funzionare con le linee italiane...ciao router.

willy27

Hello guys. I just registered to this forum to thank you for the firmwares posted in the first page,I had similar problems with my dir-879,fixed them all with fw DIR-879_fw_reva_106b01-07_ALL_multi_20180104.
Like many of you,before this I tried a lot of fixes(I work in IT,so I know some stuff...temporarily fixed my problems with google dns),then found this forum.
I also tried the russian firmware and it works without problems,actually my wifi is more stable since I installed it(smart connect is missing btw),so it's safe to install,just wanted to confirm it's a good firmware,and also enables a lot more control on many settings,which before were more automated,so I like it.
Thanks again. From Romania with love, Willy.
(I attached a screenshot with the main page)

Stefano45

Citazione di: willy27 il 17 Agosto 2018, 18:35:51Hello guys. I just registered to this forum to thank you for the firmwares posted in the first page,I had similar problems with my dir-879,fixed them all with fw DIR-879_fw_reva_106b01-07_ALL_multi_20180104.
Like many of you,before this I tried a lot of fixes(I work in IT,so I know some stuff...temporarily fixed my problems with google dns),then found this forum.
I also tried the russian firmware and it works without problems,actually my wifi is more stable since I installed it(smart connect is missing btw),so it's safe to install,just wanted to confirm it's a good firmware,and also enables a lot more control on many settings,which before were more automated,so I like it.
Thanks again. From Romania with love, Willy.

Hi Willy27. I'm glad you too resolved the problems with those previous firmwares. And thank you for letting us know that firmware 3.01 work with this router. I'll install the firmware when i'll be back from vacation. :)

dadino70

Buongiorno, ho visto che l'utente Willy ha provato il nuovo firmware vera 3.01. testa il dubbio se qua in Italia funzionerà... attendiamo che qualche smonettone testi anche in Italia.... grazie mille...a chiunque volesse e se la sente di provare.

Stefano45

Non credo ci siano problemi. C'e' la connessione pppoe e quella basta per farlo funzionare anche qui in Italia.

dadino70

Buongiorno Stefano tu l'hai provato?se non funziona c'è la possibilità di fare il down grade?

Stefano45

Ciao Dadino. No, ancora non ho provato. Sto' aspettando un router usato su Amazon da usare come "cavia" in modo tale che possa comunque essere "sacrificato". Dal firmware 3.0.1 non si torna piu' indietro, in genere quando ci sono questi upgrade maggiori con due files da caricare vuol dire che non si puo' piu' fare il downgrade.

dadino70

Azz..io ho scritto a Dlink aprendo un ticket chiedendo se potessero girare a Taiwan il firmware russo e renderlo disponibile in Italia...ecco la risposta:
Noi non possiamo fare niente su questo se non è previsto un aggiornamento firmware ed il firmware in questione ancora non è disponibile in europa.
Siamo alle solite.
Attendo con ansia il tuo test.
Grazie

willy27

Citazione di: Stefano45 il 07 Settembre 2018, 10:04:31Ciao Dadino. No, ancora non ho provato. Sto' aspettando un router usato su Amazon da usare come "cavia" in modo tale che possa comunque essere "sacrificato". Dal firmware 3.0.1 non si torna piu' indietro, in genere quando ci sono questi upgrade maggiori con due files da caricare vuol dire che non si puo' piu' fare il downgrade.

Hello. I think the downgrade may be possible with a tftp server and force flash,if the recovery mode is not enough. I did not test it on this router,but this is how I recovered a TP-Link after a faulty ddwrt firmware.
So,there's a while since I upgraded,no problems so far...and I repeat,my wifi is a lot more stable. But if you want the smart connect function,do not upgrade to this version,the function is missing.
But you have more control on many settings.

Stefano45

Citazione di: willy27 il 08 Settembre 2018, 11:03:07Hello. I think the downgrade may be possible with a tftp server and force flash,if the recovery mode is not enough. I did not test it on this router,but this is how I recovered a TP-Link after a faulty ddwrt firmware.
So,there's a while since I upgraded,no problems so far...and I repeat,my wifi is a lot more stable. But if you want the smart connect function,do not upgrade to this version,the function is missing.
But you have more control on many settings.

I see. I'm not expert on downgrading using tfft or jtag internal connector. That's why i'm waiting for an used 879 for install this firmware. The 3.0.1 firmware has the pppoe connection right? Do you have dns problems like the others past firmwares? You noted some lag on opening sites? Thank you

willy27

Citazione di: Stefano45 il 08 Settembre 2018, 11:54:28I see. I'm not expert on downgrading using tfft or jtag internal connector. That's why i'm waiting for an used 879 for install this firmware. The 3.0.1 firmware has the pppoe connection right? Do you have dns problems like the others past firmwares? You noted some lag on opening sites? Thank you

Ok,I see. Maybe I will try this when I have time one day and tell you if it worked. But I won't risk it for now,because I don't have a spare router and I need my connection for work and study to take some Microsoft certifications for administrating servers,networks,etc(I had a spare router a month ago when I risked with installing the russian firmware,but I gave it to my girlfriend).
To answer the other questions,yes,you have all the basic connections you need,and every website opens instantly,no delays or problems(if you have one,is either ISP,or the web hosting of that website). I attached two screenshots...one with the connections,and a speedtest.

Stefano45

Citazione di: willy27 il 08 Settembre 2018, 18:54:01Ok,I see. Maybe I will try this when I have time one day and tell you if it worked. But I won't risk it for now,because I don't have a spare router and I need my connection for work and study to take some Microsoft certifications for administrating servers,networks,etc(I had a spare router a month ago when I risked with installing the russian firmware,but I gave it to my girlfriend).
To answer the other questions,yes,you have all the basic connections you need,and every website opens instantly,no delays or problems(if you have one,is either ISP,or the web hosting of that website). I attached two screenshots...one with the connections,and a speedtest.

You don't have to downgrade, don't worry. For the other things, thank you for the screenshot. That solved my doubts...the most important thing is pppoe and pppoe ipv6. So i think it will work here in Italy too. Nice to know that there's no dns bug...the one on previous 1.04, 1.05 and 1.06 firmware was very annoying.

willy27

Citazione di: Stefano45 il 09 Settembre 2018, 13:34:14
Citazione di: willy27 il 08 Settembre 2018, 18:54:01Ok,I see. Maybe I will try this when I have time one day and tell you if it worked. But I won't risk it for now,because I don't have a spare router and I need my connection for work and study to take some Microsoft certifications for administrating servers,networks,etc(I had a spare router a month ago when I risked with installing the russian firmware,but I gave it to my girlfriend).

You don't have to downgrade, don't worry. For the other things, thank you for the screenshot. That solved my doubts...the most important thing is pppoe and pppoe ipv6. So i think it will work here in Italy too. Nice to know that there's no dns bug...the one on previous 1.04, 1.05 and 1.06 firmware was very annoying.

Ok,I'm glad I helped(It's kind of a reflex to try testing and review the results,because I daily help my clients...you know...IT stuff).
But take note that my connection is not pppoe,I can't test that type. My ISP has my MAC reserved,so my connection is Dynamic IPv4.
There should not be any problem,but I wanted to explain this.
PS: The only thing that I noticed was the timezone,I live in Bucharest,so the timezone should be +2...but the only way to set the correct time(except for manual setting,but I want it to sync automatically) is to set +3 Moscow.
So for you,being in Italy,+1 (Vatican in settings) might not show the correct time with NTP enabled and Daylight saving time...it might be +2...you need to test it yourself.

Stefano45

Citazione di: willy27 il 10 Settembre 2018, 21:17:55Ok,I'm glad I helped(It's kind of a reflex to try testing and review the results,because I daily help my clients...you know...IT stuff).
But take note that my connection is not pppoe,I can't test that type. My ISP has my MAC reserved,so my connection is Dynamic IPv4.
There should not be any problem,but I wanted to explain this.
PS: The only thing that I noticed was the timezone,I live in Bucharest,so the timezone should be +2...but the only way to set the correct time(except for manual setting,but I want it to sync automatically) is to set +3 Moscow.
So for you,being in Italy,+1 (Vatican in settings) might not show the correct time with NTP enabled and Daylight saving time...it might be +2...you need to test it yourself.

Now the only thing to do is to wait for an used 879 and then i'll install it. For the ntp no problem.
Again, thank you for the test of this firmware. :)
If someday you'll visit Italy, you have a coffee waiting for you :)

willy27

Citazione di: Stefano45 il 11 Settembre 2018, 09:11:23Now the only thing to do is to wait for an used 879 and then i'll install it. For the ntp no problem.
Again, thank you for the test of this firmware. :)
If someday you'll visit Italy, you have a coffee waiting for you :)

Haha,italian coffee is the best.
Waiting to see it everything worked for you too.

Licenza Creative Commons
Il contenuto dei messaggi del forum è distribuito con
Licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione Non commerciale 4.0
Tutti i marchi registrati citati appartengono ai legittimi proprietari