Menu principale

D-Link powerline DHP-500AV, DHP-P500AV e kit DHP-501AV

Aperto da Carciofone, 01 Luglio 2011, 10:49:04

abraz artz

Citazione di: devilstorm il 02 Settembre 2014, 15:50:34
Citazione di: marika43 il 31 Agosto 2014, 14:11:30l'aggiornamento firmware non ha funzionato con la utility avitar...

dopo aver selezionato "LOAD FW" nell'applicazione AVITAR,  si seleziona il file . pib e l'utility emette un msg di errore.

it is easy.

1. select your device. if you cannot find your device select the correct network adapter first. You should see mac and firmware version of the device.

2. you may click read pib now. it will try to convert to the most recent version which will result in an error. That is ok.

3. You may also use defaults and just check legacy upgrad. To be safe enter the MAC in the field above.

4. Click LOAD FW

It works.

It would be nice to have an updated firmware expecially if it fix the random disconnection drops that aflict this model ( DHP-P501AV in my case ).

By the way I have 2 question anyway.

1) is there the risk to brick the device by flashing this firmware?
2) Is that possible to go back to the official firmware version in any moment?

devilstorm

Citazione di: abraz artz il 16 Settembre 2014, 20:34:51It would be nice to have an updated firmware expecially if it fix the random disconnection drops that aflict this model ( DHP-P501AV in my case ).

1) There is always a risk (powerloss is always bad during firmware flash).
2) It does not check if the firmware version, so downgrading (reverting) is possible.

abraz artz

Citazione di: devilstorm il 07 Ottobre 2014, 17:02:00
Citazione di: abraz artz il 16 Settembre 2014, 20:34:51It would be nice to have an updated firmware expecially if it fix the random disconnection drops that aflict this model ( DHP-P501AV in my case ).

1) There is always a risk (powerloss is always bad during firmware flash).
2) It does not check if the firmware version, so downgrading (reverting) is possible.

Powerloss shouldn't be a great problem to me because I have the PC connected to an UPS. Regarding downgrading, it need to be done with the d-link utilty or with the one that you provide?

Also you have reported those models D-Link powerline DHP-500AV, DHP-P500AV and kit DHP-501AV ...Actually I have the DHP-P501AV ( http://www.dlink.com/it/it/support/product/dhp-p501av-powerline-av-500-passthrough-adapter-kit )  kit which has the passtrough port..it's the same firmware or it's different?

m4ss1

Revisionato primo messaggio: ripristinate immagini e collegamenti.

Licenza Creative Commons
Il contenuto dei messaggi del forum è distribuito con
Licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione Non commerciale 4.0
Tutti i marchi registrati citati appartengono ai legittimi proprietari